The rapid spread of the Coronavirus Disease around the world is causing challenges in the day to day lives of many, and the education sector is no different. The education sector must come together to minimize the impact on students’ learning across the country.
Mobile learning has been an important part of everyday learning, and Promethean supports this initiative, today and always. We support Mobile and Virtual Learning by helping teachers teach and students learn from anywhere, at any time.
Promethean’s cloud-based lesson planning and delivery software, ClassFlow, is freely available to schools and teachers. Through ClassFlow, teachers will be able to access a huge range of educational resources. Teachers will be able to share lesson content with students that are working from home or other remote locations. Students will have the chance to complete tasks and work with teachers through the Cloud to ensure that learning continues during the closure.
In addition, teachers can create and record ActivInspire lessons for students to use in any cloud environment. Known and loved by educators around the world, ActivInspire provides a vast suite of tools to create and deliver dynamic lessons.
Promethean is making free training courses, webinars, and resources available to help educators get started with ClassFlow and ActivInspire.
Benefits of Mobile Learning
With Mobile or Virtual Learning, teachers prepare lessons for their students and place them in a virtual location where students easily can access them. Practice and assessments are provided and turned in virtually upon completion. When possible, there are a variety of lessons provided to meet the differentiated needs of the students. This could include videos, readings, online collaborative work, virtual discussions, project-based, and more.
Students are given a certain amount of time to complete the lessons. Teachers then provide feedback to the students on the “assignments” using a comment feature and/or a grade.
In most cases, teachers schedule “office hours” when they are available via online video “chats,” such as Microsoft Teams, Google Hangouts, FaceTime, or Skype, to answer questions or to check-in “face-to-face” with students.
There are many benefits to Mobile or Virtual Learning:
- Flexibility to complete work whenever and wherever
- Learning at one’s own pace
- No rushing through lessons to finish before lunch or end of the period
- Often a choice in how to learn/practice
- Focus is on each student, not an entire class
- It builds important life skills, including responsibility, time management, problem-solving, and critical/creative thinking
Promethean’s Software Solutions for Mobile Learning
Promethean’s ClassFlow, a cloud-based, lesson-delivery software with free student accounts, is an ideal platform for Mobile Learning. Teachers can create their lessons and activities, or they can select from the millions found in the ClassFlow Marketplace, produced by educators from around the world.
Teachers can post announcements, links, and news in the Class Activity Feed for students and parents to access.
Students have access to these lessons 24/7, and no subscription is necessary. Because everything is stored in the cloud, students and teachers can use any device to access their lessons and assignments in ClassFlow.
Promethean’s ActivInspire provides a vast suite of tools to create and deliver dynamic lessons. Teachers can use ActivInspire’s screen recorder tool to record lessons they’ve created. Students then can access these recordings via any cloud environment.
Also available is the free Promethean Resource Library. Teachers can select from thousands of ready-made flipcharts to search, preview, and open those that meet their needs. With just a couple of clicks, they then can record the lesson and deliver it to their students.
Other Promethean Resources:
- Are you looking for ways to properly disinfect the ActivPanel? We have outlined detailed steps here.
- How are you communicating with your students about the Coronavirus? We have created a Flipchart to support you.
- Have you attended any of our free online teaching courses? The Promethean Academy offers a wide range of professional development courses. You can also continue your professional development journey by becoming a Promethean Certified Teacher on our Promethean Academy.
- Have you downloaded our Mobile Learning Guide? We have created a guide to provide tooltips and best practices to help you connect and engage with your students through a mobile learning environment.
We’re here to chat and support your mobile learning needs.
Guess what? We have a new case study! Do you want to simplify classroom management and create an interactive learni… https://t.co/QW5AxskdecFollow