Districts and schools are constantly looking for new and creative ways to secure funding and grants for education technology initiatives. For many, school and district budgets are shrinking, but tackling school technology and education strategies continue to be front and center of the overall school goals for 2018.
To help schools find new ways to secure funding, we have researched some of the top U.S. national grants for education that can assist you with purchasing technology for your classrooms.
- Farmers Insurance Thank America’s Teachers is a great option for schools to acquire funds for technology. Thank a teacher to give them the chance to make their educational vision a reality for their classroom. There are two types of grants that they offer, Thank A Teacher and Dream Big.
- The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation have some amazing technology grants! Please see their FAQ here that will answer questions about their technology grant opportunities.
- Educators of America grants are specific to technology, and applications are reviewed on a quarterly basis and responses are given accordingly in January, April, July, and October.
- The Foundation Directory makes it easy to turn foundations into funders. This resource allows you to search for foundations that are most likely to give you grants.
In addition to these great funding options, Promethean is launching a Grant Program August 1, 2018. To be considered for the Promethean Technology Grant:
- Educators will need to submit a short video discussing how their classroom or school will benefit from Promethean’s interactive display and why they deserve to win.
- Entries will be judged on creativity, need, and the impact that the technology will have in the classroom.
- Selected educators will receive a package that includes the ActivPanel combined with Promethean’s suite of lesson delivery software, a 1-year warranty, and installation.
For more information about the program and to sign-up for reminders, visit the Promethean Grant page.